Learn Prenatal Yoga at Home
Accessible Yoga that is gentle and safe for pregnancies of different abilities, risks and health conditions
This course is for you if you want to know how to practice safely and gain the same amount of knowledge as your prenatal yoga teacher!
When I was pregnant, my prenatal yoga classes only focused on opening my hips so that I could have an easy delivery. This was the biggest mistake! My joints became unstable which prevented me from maintaining good posture and mitigating the common discomforts of pregnancy. My mobility declined rapidly as I got bigger and I had a host of issues. So I developed my own system of yoga to protect my physical body and also work with the more internal practices to have a holistic practice of yoga. The most important aspect of a healthy pregnancy is keeping your body strong and stable, and manage stress.
Learn Prenatal Yoga at Home gives you access to the same lectures and lessons that a yoga teacher would get so that you have an informed practice that not only keeps you safe, but also provides you with the key tools you need to have a healthy and mindful pregnancy.
What you receive in this course:
- You have access to multiple prenatal yoga classes for daily practice, including chair yoga sequence when your mobility declines and a bed yoga sequence if you find yourself on bedrest.
- You will have the knowledge to safely approach your pregnancy through all the different stages
- You will gain knowledge in how to adapt your yoga postures so that you can stay in the flow of a class or sequence without doing personal harm / injury
- You will be able to manage your stress in pregnancy which is the most important part of early parenthood
- You will have the tools and techniques you need to support your postnatal period
- You can recognise if you go into postnatal depression and what you can do to get out of it
- You will have access to lectures that are offered in a prenatal yoga teacher training
Hersha has studied Yoga under the guidance of Sri Swami Satchidananda and his system of Integral Yoga since she was a child. She is an authorised trainer for Integral Yoga, an Accessible Yoga Trainer and Ambassador and Prenatal and Postnatal Yoga Trainer as well. Hersha created her Prenatal Yoga program out of a need for Prenatal Yoga classes to come away from the fitness side and more into the therapeutic side. She developed this program based on demands from students and friends.
Hersha runs Hersha Yoga: School of Teacher Training which donates its profits to YAMA Foundation, a unique non-profit she co-founded (which brings yoga, arts and meditation to underserved and vulnerable communities in the poorest parts of Hong Kong).
She has taught in Hong Kong, New York, Spain, Gibraltar, Portugal, and India and has been featured publications including in South China Morning Post (SCMP), Asia Tatler, Global Health & Travel, Liv Magazine and Green Queen. Hersha has been pregnant herself, twice and her experience was not ideal or glamorous and she boldly shares her journey through pregnancy, labour and delivery and postnatal recovery. She shares all the mistakes she made during her time practicing prenatal yoga and hopes that by educating yoga teachers and pregnant women, they can all have easeful, peaceful and useful prenatal yoga experiences.
PreviewOverview of the Five Stages of Pregnancy
Start | 開始Chair-Assisted Prenatal Hatha Yoga Class (23:02)
Start | 開始Understanding First Trimester: Anatomically & Personally (5:36)
Start | 開始Understanding Second Trimester: Anatomically & Personally (6:09)
Start | 開始Understanding Third Trimester: Anatomically & Personally (4:21)
Start | 開始Yoga Practices for Bed Rest (22:48)
Start | 開始Common Discomforts of Pregnancy
Start | 開始Adaptive Warm-ups and Salutations (13:57)
Start | 開始Adaptive Standing Postures (12:57)
Start | 開始Accommodating Kneeling Postures (6:11)
Start | 開始Seated Postures (5:25)
Start | 開始Reclining Postures